Please read the grant requirements below before beginning the application process.
The Joe D. Pentecost Foundation is organized to operate for religious, charitable, scientific, literary and educational purposes and to benefit the poor, the needy, the undereducated and the oppressed, primarily in the greater Lansing, Michigan area. The Foundation board of directors carefully considers proposals submitted and looks for programs where their contribution can be leveraged. Organizations requesting funding for a new program should be sure they have planned for that program’s future self-sufficiency.
Since the needs, desires and capabilities of Michigan’s people and their organizations are constantly changing, there can be no fixed or steadfast priority in the Pentecost Foundation’s grant requests.
- Please review the Joe D. Pentecost Foundation’s mission statement before submitting an application for support.
- Only submit applications to the Foundation for organizations that qualify.
- Applications are accepted from January to September each year. The deadline to submit an application for consideration is September 30.
- Only one application per organization accepted within a calendar year.
- Requests must have a completed application.
- Evidence of the organization’s tax-exempt status under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) must be provided.
- All grants are funded in December. Grant requests received and approved during any given calendar year will be funded during December of that same calendar year.
Those proposals that pass initial evaluation are then passed onto the board of directors for full consideration. The board may request additional information, make site visits, or invite organizations to meet with them at the Foundation office. Grants and installments on grants will be disbursed through the last quarter of the year. All decisions made are final.
The Foundation does not make grants directly to individuals. In addition, it cannot legally support:
- Organizations to which contributions are not tax deductible, according to Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations.
- Organizations that practice discrimination by race, sex, creed, age or national origin.
- Political organizations or organizations whose purposes are to influence legislation.
A note to grant seekers
The Foundation would like to be in a financial position to assist all grant requests within its philosophy, but its resources are limited. Many worthy grant applications must be declined simply because funds to accept them are not available. Consequently, an applicant should never view a declination by the Foundation as a judgment on the merits of the proposal.
Grant applications with accompanying required attachments should be submitted online or in writing by September 30th to:
Rita F. Stoskopf, executive director
The Joe D. Pentecost Foundation
1651 W. Lake Lansing Road, Suite 100
East Lansing, MI 48823